Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh sleep...where have you gone?

So Aiden has been a difficult little guy from the beginning when it comes to sleeping.  Early on he had lots of gas problems (mostly solved now since I stopped eating dairy) and that kept him up a lot.  Then he turned into an escape artist.  No matter how tight or which way I swaddled him, his little arms would find their way out and then he would rub his eyes, suck his hands, etc. and keep himself from going back to sleep.  We tried crying it out, we tried checking every 5 min, 10 min, 15 min.  We tried so many methods and ways that I thought I would go crazy.  Finally a person, who I now worship, taught me a swaddle I had never seen and that Aiden cannot get out of.  Amazing.  Took him 30 minutes but he is now asleep...all on his own.  We'll see how tonight goes, but this is a promising start.  I love you Erin!

Maybe now I can stop having mental breakdowns in the middle of the night...

2 comments:

  1. i hope tonight goes well! i have to say, that swaddle was very impressive! i am going to head to target tomorrow to get some of those blankets and then i may need you to come remind me how to do the swaddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to show me this swaddle! I love swaddling, and while Carter did well with it, it is always great to know better ways!

    ReplyDelete